Are you a Netgear user and you are wondering how to about your Wi-Fi Range Extender Setup? Or is it that you’ve been busy all day long searching for an easy way to set up your range extender but all to no avail?
Well, having a Netgear Wi-Fi range extender is a better thing but the question is; what do you know about the setup? Well, setting a Wi-Fi extender might be quite tricky at a point in time but it’s going to be an amazing product ever to make use of after it’s been fully set up. Well, to cut the chase real quick, let’s go straight to how to set up a Netgear Wi-Fi extender.
Guides on how to set up a NETGEAR Wi-Fi Range Extender
The major motive of writing this article is to make sure that whoever reads this article should be able to do the Wi-Fi Range Extender Setup alone without the help of anyone, not even the Netgear Support Service.
Well, in this article, I would be giving some guidelines which are beneficiary for setting up a Wi-Fi range extender. So let’s get started!Before we embark on our journey to set up a Netgear Wi-Fi extender, we have to know that we can set up the Wi-Fi range extender in two ways, is either by using
- The WPS mode
- Web setup.
The WPS method: –
Setting up your range extender by the use of the WPS mode is quite tricky and it’s as well easy to go by. All you have to do is to follow the instructions below.
- Turn on the WPS button on your Extender: – On your extender, search and locate the WPS button and then press the WPS button to turn on the wireless mode. If in case you are having any problem to locate the WPS button on your extender, you can consult your user’s manual to know where the WPS button is located or you can simply contact the Netgear support service number for more help on that.
- Turn on the WPS button on your wireless router: – After pressing the WPS button on your Wi-Fi extender, you should as well press the WPS button on your router simultaneously. It may be after a few minutes or more. Then, after this, you can then go-ahead to proceed with the next steps.
- Connect your extender with your wireless router: – Connect your extender to your wireless router. After which, you can now check out for the available networks, your home network will automatically change to a name having (_EXT) behind it. When this occurs, your question may be; will you have to use a different password? The answer is NO! You only have to use the same password for the network.
By using the Web setup method: –
As we have highlighted above regarding how to set up the Wi-Fi range extender via the WPS mode, now at this point I would be introducing to you another method which is the Web setup method. So let’s get started!
To begin with, the web setup method of setting up your Wi-Fi extender, endeavor to know the password of your home router as it’s very much important in other to use the web setup method and then after which, you can now follow the profound steps highlighted below.
- Plug the extender to a power source
- Turn on the extender
- Leave the extender to turn on by itself
- Connect to the extender to your desktop computer or laptop by connecting to the Netgear network.
- Open your internet browser and go to the official website of the Netgear Wi-Fi extender
- Now you’ll reach the setup wizard page after getting on the website. All you have to do is to follow the profound set up instructions that’d be given on the website.
- Pick your home network form the lists of the available network and then type in the password as it is.
I hope that you are now able to solve your issues regarding the Wi-Fi Range Extender Setup by following the above-listed tips on how to set it up. But if in a case that you couldn’t still fix the extender yet, please do well by contacting the Netgear support service. Thanks for reading and stay tuned for more article write-ups from our side.